A cohabitation agreement is a legal contract between two unmarried people who are living together. It outlines the terms and conditions of their cohabitation, including how they will share finances, property, and other responsibilities. A cohabitation agreement is not required by law, but it can be a valuable tool for protecting both partners in the event of a separation.
A cohabitation agreement typically includes the following information:
- The names and contact information of the partners
- The date the cohabitation agreement takes effect
- The definition of “cohabitation”
- How the partners will share finances, such as income, expenses, and debt
- How the partners will divide property, such as real estate, personal property, and financial assets
- How the partners will make decisions about major expenses and other important matters
- The dispute resolution process in case of a separation
Benefits of Using a Cohabitation Agreement Template
There are several benefits to using a cohabitation agreement template, including:
- It can help to ensure that the agreement is comprehensive and includes all of the necessary information.
- It can save time and money on the cost of drafting the agreement.
- It can help to avoid potential disputes between the partners in the event of a separation.
How to Use the Free Cohabitation Agreement Template
To use the free cohabitation agreement template, simply download the template, fill in the required information, and print and sign it. You should also have your partner sign the agreement.
It is important to note that the free cohabitation agreement template is a general template and may not be appropriate for all couples. If you have any special needs or requirements, it is important to have an attorney review the agreement before you sign it.
Download the Free Cohabitation Agreement Template
To download the free cohabitation agreement template, simply click on the following links:
- Word: [Download Cohabitation Agreement Template in Word]
- PDF: [Download Cohabitation Agreement Template in PDF]
A cohabitation agreement is an important legal document that can protect both partners in the event of a separation. The free cohabitation agreement template is a good starting point for drafting your own agreement, but it is important to have an attorney review the agreement before you sign it to ensure that it meets your specific needs.
In addition to the information listed above, the following are some additional things to keep in mind when using a cohabitation agreement template:
- Be sure to include all of the relevant information about your cohabitation, such as how you will share finances, property, and other responsibilities.
- If there are any special needs or requirements that you have, such as specific provisions for children or pets, be sure to include them in the agreement.
- Have both partners sign and date the agreement. This will help to protect both parties in the event of a dispute.
- It is a good idea to keep a copy of the agreement for your records.
If you have any questions about using a cohabitation agreement template, please consult with an attorney.