A confidentiality statement, also known as a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), is a legal contract between two or more parties that outlines the terms and conditions for sharing confidential information. Confidentiality statements are important for protecting sensitive information, such as trade secrets, business plans, and customer data.
A confidentiality statement typically includes the following information:
- The names and contact information of the parties involved in the agreement
- A definition of “confidential information”
- The obligations of the parties to keep confidential information secret
- The exceptions to the confidentiality obligations (if any)
- The dispute resolution process in case of any breaches of the agreement
Benefits of Using a Confidentiality Statement Template
There are several benefits to using a confidentiality statement template, including:
- It can help to ensure that the agreement is comprehensive and includes all of the necessary information.
- It can save time and money on the cost of drafting the agreement.
- It can help to avoid potential disputes between the parties in the event of any breaches of the agreement.
How to Use the Free Confidentiality Statement Template
To use the free confidentiality statement template, simply download the template, fill in the required information, and print and sign it. You should also have the other parties to the agreement sign it.
It is important to note that the free confidentiality statement template is a general template and may not be appropriate for all transactions. If you are entering into a complex transaction or if there are any special needs or requirements that you need to address, it is important to have an attorney review the agreement before you sign it.
Download the Free Confidentiality Statement Template
To download the free confidentiality statement template, simply click on the following links:
- Word: [Download Confidentiality Statement Template in Word]
- PDF: [Download Confidentiality Statement Template in PDF]
A confidentiality statement is an important legal document that can protect your confidential information. The free confidentiality statement template is a good starting point for drafting your own agreement, but it is important to have an attorney review the agreement before you sign it to ensure that it meets your specific needs.
In addition to the information listed above, the following are some additional things to keep in mind when using a confidentiality statement template:
- Be sure to include a definition of “confidential information” in the agreement. This definition should be specific and should cover all of the information that you want to protect.
- If there are any exceptions to the confidentiality obligations (such as if you need to disclose confidential information to a government agency), be sure to include those exceptions in the agreement.
- Have all parties to the agreement sign and date the agreement. This will help to protect both parties in the event of any breaches of the agreement.
- It is a good idea to keep a copy of the agreement for your records.
If you have any questions about using a confidentiality statement template, please consult with an attorney.