A lease addendum is a legal document that modifies an existing lease agreement. It is used to add, remove, or change the terms of the original lease. Lease addendums are common for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To add a new tenant or roommate to the lease
- To change the rent amount or payment schedule
- To allow pets on the property
- To make changes to the permitted use of the property
- To extend the term of the lease
Benefits of Using a Lease Addendum Template
There are several benefits to using a lease addendum template, including:
- It can help to ensure that the lease addendum is comprehensive and includes all of the necessary information.
- It can save time and effort on the part of the landlord and tenant.
- It can help to avoid disputes between the landlord and tenant in the future.
How to Use the Free Lease Addendum Template
To use the free lease addendum template, simply download the template, fill in the required information, and print and sign it. Both the landlord and tenant should sign the lease addendum.
Here are some tips for using the lease addendum template:
- Be sure to include all of the relevant information in the lease addendum, such as the names of the landlord and tenant, the property address, and the original lease date.
- State the specific changes that are being made to the original lease.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Keep a copy of the lease addendum for your records.
Download the Free Lease Addendum Template
To download the free lease addendum template, simply click on the following links:
Word: [Download Lease Addendum Template in Word]
PDF: [Download Lease Addendum Template in PDF]
In addition to the information listed above, the following are some additional things to keep in mind when using a lease addendum template:
- Be sure to comply with all applicable state and local laws when using a lease addendum.
- If you have any questions about how to use the lease addendum template, you should consult with an attorney.
Here are some additional tips for using a lease addendum:
- Be specific when describing the changes that are being made to the original lease. Avoid using vague or ambiguous language.
- Have both the landlord and tenant sign the lease addendum. This will help to ensure that both parties are aware of and agree to the changes.
- Keep a copy of the lease addendum for your records. This will be helpful if any disputes arise in the future.
A lease addendum is a valuable tool for landlords and tenants to modify the terms of an existing lease agreement. The free lease addendum template is a good starting point for creating a comprehensive and legally binding lease addendum. However, it is important to note that the template is just a starting point, and you may need to modify it to meet your specific needs.