A month-to-month rental agreement is a flexible rental agreement that allows either the landlord or tenant to terminate the lease with 30 days’ notice. Month-to-month rental agreements are common for a variety of reasons, such as:
- The tenant is new to the area and wants to try out the property before signing a longer lease
- The landlord is planning to sell the property and wants to keep the lease term short
- The landlord and tenant have a good relationship and trust each other
Benefits of Using a Month-To-Month Rental Agreement Template
There are several benefits to using a month-to-month rental agreement template, including:
- It can help to ensure that the month-to-month rental agreement is comprehensive and includes all of the necessary information.
- It can save time and effort on the part of the landlord and tenant.
- It can help to avoid disputes between the landlord and tenant in the future.
How to Use the Free Month-To-Month Rental Agreement Template
To use the free month-to-month rental agreement template, simply download the template, fill in the required information, and print and sign it. Both the landlord and tenant should sign the month-to-month rental agreement.
Here are some tips for using the month-to-month rental agreement template:
- Be sure to include all of the relevant information in the month-to-month rental agreement, such as the names of the landlord and tenant, the property address, the rent amount, and the due date.
- State the terms of the month-to-month rental agreement, including the notice period required to terminate the lease.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Keep a copy of the month-to-month rental agreement for your records.
Download the Free Month-To-Month Rental Agreement Template
To download the free month-to-month rental agreement template, simply click on the following links:
Word: [Download Month-To-Month Rental Agreement Template in Word]
PDF: [Download Month-To-Month Rental Agreement Template in PDF]
In addition to the information listed above, the following are some additional things to keep in mind when using a month-to-month rental agreement template:
- Be sure to comply with all applicable state and local laws when using a month-to-month rental agreement.
- If you have any questions about how to use the month-to-month rental agreement template, you should consult with an attorney.
Here are some additional tips for using a month-to-month rental agreement:
- Review the month-to-month rental agreement carefully before you sign it. Make sure that you understand all of the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Be sure to communicate with your landlord or tenant regularly. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings or disputes.
- Keep a copy of all important documents related to your month-to-month rental agreement, such as the lease agreement, rent receipts, and maintenance requests.
A month-to-month rental agreement is a flexible and convenient rental agreement for both landlords and tenants. The free month-to-month rental agreement template is a good starting point for creating a comprehensive and legally binding agreement. However, it is important to note that the template is just a starting point, and you may need to modify it to meet your specific needs.
Additional Considerations for Month-To-Month Rental Agreements
- Rent increases: In most jurisdictions, landlords are allowed to raise the rent on a month-to-month lease with proper notice. Be sure to check your local laws to find out how much notice is required and what restrictions apply to rent increases.
- Security deposit: Landlords are also allowed to require a security deposit from month-to-month tenants. The security deposit must be returned to the tenant within a certain period of time after the lease ends, minus any deductions for unpaid rent or damages to the property.
- Maintenance and repairs: Landlords are responsible for maintaining and repairing the property, unless otherwise specified in the lease agreement. Tenants are responsible for keeping the property clean and in good condition.
- Termination: Either the landlord or tenant can terminate a month-to-month lease by giving proper notice. The required notice period varies by state, so be sure to check your local laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about a month-to-month rental agreement, be sure to consult with an attorney.