A non-compete agreement (NCA) is a legal contract between an employer and an employee that restricts the employee from working for a competitor or starting their own competing business for a certain period of time after leaving the company. NCAs are often used to protect an employer’s confidential information and trade secrets.
Benefits of Using a Non-Compete Agreement Template
There are several benefits to using a non-compete agreement template, including:
- It can help to ensure that the NCA is comprehensive and includes all of the necessary information.
- It can save time and money on the cost of drafting the NCA.
- It can help to avoid potential disputes between the employer and employee in the future.
How to Use the Free Non-Compete Agreement Template
To use the free non-compete agreement template, simply download the template, fill in the required information, and print and sign it. You should also have the employee sign the NCA.
It is important to note that the free non-compete agreement template is a general template and may not be appropriate for all businesses. If you have a complex business or if there are any special needs or requirements that you need to address, it is important to have an attorney review the NCA before you sign it.
Download the Free Non-Compete Agreement Template
To download the free non-compete agreement template, simply click on the following links:
- Word: [Download Non-Compete Agreement Template in Word]
- PDF: [Download Non-Compete Agreement Template in PDF]
In addition to the information listed above, the following are some additional things to keep in mind when using a non-compete agreement template:
- Be sure to include all of the relevant information about the NCA, such as the names and contact information of the employer and employee, the restricted activities, the restricted geographic area, and the duration of the restriction.
- Also be sure to include any special needs or requirements that you have, such as specific exceptions to the restriction or provisions for dispute resolution.
- Have both parties to the contract sign and date the contract.
- It is a good idea to keep a copy of the contract for your records.
Here are some additional tips for using a non-compete agreement template:
- Be as specific as possible when describing the restricted activities and the restricted geographic area. This will help to avoid any disputes about the scope of the restriction.
- Make sure that the NCA is reasonable and enforceable. NCAs that are too broad or that restrict the employee’s ability to earn a living may be unenforceable.
- Have an attorney review the NCA before you sign it to ensure that it meets your specific needs and is enforceable.
A non-compete agreement can be a valuable tool for protecting your business’s confidential information and trade secrets. However, it is important to use a non-compete agreement template that is tailored to your specific needs and to have an attorney review the agreement before you sign it.